This Egg Number Match Activity is a super easy-to-prep activity that encourages toddlers and preschoolers to learn to count, helps them visually see the order of numbers and simply have fun all at the same time!
For this activity you’ll need only 3 supplies! That’s right! We’re using foam eggs cut in half which are great for sensory play as well! Take a look below to see how simple it is to prep this Egg Number Match Activity as well as what areas of development your child will be exercising and improving!
RELATED: Easter Egg Number Hunt
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
MATERIALS FOR EGG NUMBER MATCH ACTIVITY:
- Cut each egg in half and mark the top half with “dots” 1-10.
- Next, tally mark the bottom halves 1-10 to match the tops. Mixing up the colors of the eggs makes it a bit more challenging!
Kids need to match up the correct quantity of dots to the tally marks to complete an egg. Once all of them at matched up, let the kiddos place the eggs in numerical order!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Numbers (learn to count the dots and tallies, learn to recognize number quantities, learning the order of numbers)
- Cognitive skills (matching the quantities, thinking, predicting, counting, analyzing)
- Fine motor skills (picking up the egg halves, matching them up)
- Independence (this activity is great to keep the little ones busy, happy and independent!)
TIP- you could even talk about the colors that make up each egg once they are finished!
(they were so into it they got on top of the table!)
more counting activities for kids
Have some popsicle sticks and clothepins at home? Try this Popsicle Stick + Clothespin Colour Match! Learn numbers and colours together!
Have fun with this Bandaid Number Match!
watch this video
Make this fun Egg Number Match Activity with your little learners!