This Ladybug Counting Activity is an easy, inexpensive and hands-on way to learn to count!
All you need is a piece of cardboard, ladybug stickers and a few craft supplies. A couple of minutes to cut out the cardboard leaves and your activity is ready for your tot!
RELATED: Counting Ladybug Spots Activity
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials for Ladybug Counting Activity:
- Using the craft knife and the mat, cut out 5 leaf shapes. I made mine about 3″ x 2″, but that depends on the size of your ladybug stickers. You can first use a pencil to draw an outline of a leaf and then use the craft knife to cut along the lines, but I just eyed it.
- Next, place the number manipulatives next to each leaf and set the stickers beside.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Numbers (seeing the numbers, visually seeing their quantities, their order)
- Counting (counting the ladybugs as they stick them onto each leaf helps them pronounce and memorize the order of numbers)
- Fine motor skills (peeling away and sticking the stickers onto each leaf)
- Focus + concentration
You might also like these Number and Counting activities!
Do you have post-it notes at home? Try this Counting Train using Post-it Notes!