This Counting Ladybug Spots Activity is a great invitation for toddlers to familiarize with numbers and learn to count.
It’s super quick to prep! You’ll only need a couple of craft supplies and a piece of cardboard. With this recycled activity, toddlers and preschoolers can enjoy learning and have fun at the same time. What’s better than that!
RELATED: Want more number activities? Check these out!
- Apple Tree Number Match– a fun dot sticker activity
- Water Beads Number Find– combine learning numbers with sensory play!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials needed for Counting Ladybug Spots Activity:
- Using a small piece of cardboard (I used approx. 10″ x 5″ size) and colored permanent markers to draw 5 simple ladybugs. Number each one. You can either number them 1-5 or 6-10, like I did.
- Place the mini black pom-poms into a bowl and set beside the cardboard with ladybugs.
Want more activities for toddlers?
Do you have dot stickers and a paper roll? Try this Dot Sticker Alphabet Match!
This activity combines fine motor skills and numbers!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Numbers (familiarizing, memorizing and pronouncing numbers)
- Fine motor skills (picking up the mini pom-poms, placing them onto the ladybugs)
- Cognitive skills (thinking, analyzing, comparing)
- Hand-eye coordination (keeping the pom-poms on the ladybugs)