This Recycled Bee Craft is so fun and easy to do!
I love recycled crafts, do you? Whenever I have a cardboard box in the house, I don’t throw it away before using it up. Same goes with paper rolls, egg cartons and alike. Ultimately, recycled crafts save you money and of course make the cutest ideas. And this little bee craft is one I really wanted to share! It’s super fun to make and looks so sweet when finished! Oh and pair this craft with a book for even more excitement, optional of course 😉
RELATED: Check out some of these recycled activities!
- Flower Threading Activity– perfect for fine motor skills and old bouquets!
- Egg Carton Pom-pom Color Sort– this activity is sure to keep your toddler busy.
- Crushed Chalk Art– have leftover bits and pieces of chalk? Crush it and make art!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials for recycled bee craft:
- Googly eyes
- Craft knife + mat
- Black pipecleaners
- Washable kids paint (yellow)
- Foam paintbrushes
- Print of choice scrapbook paper (I found this super cute polka dot-ish paper at Hobby Lobby)
- Hot glue gun + glue stick
- Craft scissors
Book optional, but totally recommended! Just look at this sweet book about honeybees!
- First, cut the cardstock into an oval (about 1.5″ x 2″) using the craft knife and mat.
- Paint the cardstock oval with the yellow washable kids paint. Let dry.
- Once the paint is dry, wrap the black pipecleaner around the oval and pinch the ends to secure. I was able to wrap a standard size pipecleaner 3 times around the oval.
- Next, using the hot glue gun, glue the googly eyes. Also, cut out 2 tear drop shapes out of the scrapbook paper for the wings and glue as well.
- Lastly, make a stinger and antennae from the black pipecleaner and hot glue.
You’ll love these recycled ideas too!
Have fun with this easy Match Game using Stickers and leftover cardboard!
How lovely is this Cardboard Window Wildflower Craft for the outdoors?
watch this video
Will you do this Recycled Bee Craft next time you’re crafting?