This Rocking Unicorn Craft is a fun little craft idea for toddlers and preschoolers. Kids will enjoy making these and especially seeing them wobble back and forth when they are done!
Take a look below to see how to make these and what areas of child’s development are being exercised and improved!
Related: Washi Tape Unicorn Rescue activity
Note: all activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials for rocking Unicorn Craft:
- Cardstock (pinks, whites)
- Pipecleaners (assorted colors)
- Glue stick
- Single hole puncher
- Permanent marker
- Craft scissors
- Gold glitter paper
- First, use something round (I used a lid, about 4″ in diameter) to trace a circle onto the pink cardstock. Cut out and fold in half.
- Next, cut out the neck and head for the unicorn. I free-hand drawn.
- Cut out a long triangle from the gold glitter paper for the horn.
Prep all of these supplies along with a glue stick for the kids.
- Firstly, lets put the unicorn body together. Then make 3 holes in the head and 3 for the tail.
- Secondly, choose 3 pipecleaners, cut in half and make a braid with one set of 3 pipecleaners. Secure the ends with one of the pipecleaners by wrapping it around.
- Next, thread the open ends of the pipecleaners through the holes in the head and secure my bending.
- Thread the other 3, unbraided pipecleaners through the holes for the tail and curl slightly using your hands.
- Finally, draw a face using the permanent marker. Now your rocking unicorn craft is done!
You’ll also enjoy these fun craft ideas!
How sweet are these Rocking Paper Snails?
You’ll love this Paper Strip Acorn craft too!
watch this video
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (braiding the pipecleaners, drawing a face, etc.)
- Scissor skills (using the scissors if the kids are older)