Do your kids love glitter glue? Then they’ll love this Glittery Winter Scene Craft!
It’s so quick to set up, fun AND we’re making our own glitter glue here, which saves you money. A craft for the win. It’s beautiful also. Be creative with what you draw on the black card stock. I went simple and drew a snowy mountain and an evergreen. The kids decorated it using the glitter glue and a q-tip and loved the process along the way. Now they’re all dry and hanging beautifully over their craft table!
RELATED: Salt Snowflake Painting Craft
watch this videoAll activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials for Glittery Winter Scene Craft:
- Clear liquid school glue
- Glitter (assorted; silver, white, gold, blues look great)
- Black card stock
- White crayon
- Paper plate
- Start by drawing a Wintery scene on the black cardstock using the white crayon. I drew a snowy hill and a evergreen tree and then colored everything white.
- Next, place a bit of clear liquid school glue onto the paper plate. I made two separate dollops for two glitter colors.
- Then, sprinkle in the glitter you’ll be using and mix into the clear glue using a q-tip. You’ve essentially made glitter glue 🙂
Now kids are ready to paint away. Let them use the q-tips to paint the glittery glue over their Wintery scene pictures to make them shimmery!
more fun winter crafts for kids
This Torn Paper Snowflake Craft is such a fun one! It’s easy to prep, improves fine motor skills and is perfect for even the very little ones!
Try theseIce Painted Igloos using colored ice and paper plates!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (choosing glitter colors, adding the glitter glue where they would like over the picture)
- Fine/small motor skills (holding the q-tip to paint, moving hand to paint)
- Hand-eye coordination (painting with q-tip along and inside the lines)