This simple and quick to prepare Decorate a Heart: Invitation to Create Activity allows the little ones to get creative and stay busy!
All you need is a good variety of craft materials (like glitter, pom-poms, buttons, glue) and hearts made out of cardboard. It’s an easy recycled craft because you can use those extra or odd craft supplies you may have left over from previous crafts!
More invitations to create you’ll love!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials for Decorate a heart: invitation to create:
- Tray with separations (I got mine at Walmart a while ago and can’t find it anymore)
- Glue stick
- Liquid glue
- Craft scissors
Anything you have crafty will work!
- Using the craft scissors, cut out as many hearts as you need from a piece of cardboard (approx. 4″ wide).
- Next, lay out all of the materials the kids will be using on the tray with separations.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (kids are choosing their own designs, colors, materials to use)
- Fine motor skills (gluing, picking up pom-poms, buttons, holding glitter bottles, bending pipecleaners, etc.)
- Hand-eye coordination (gluing any of the materials improves coordination between the hand and eye)
- Independence (this is a great activity to keep the little ones entertained and content for a long time!)
- Focus and concentration
TIP- talk about LOVE while you’re decorating the hearts! What is Valentine’s Day all about? Remind your kids how dearly God loves each one of us on this earth and that we should always tell each other “I love you!”, as often as possible! 🙂