These Foil Painted Ornaments are sweet little Christmas tree decorations kids can make themselves! They’re really easy to prep and the kids will enjoy this unique painting activity for sure.
All you need is some craft wooden disks, which you can find at any craft store but I’ve linked some to Amazon. You’ll also need foil (which I’m sure you already have!) and basic craft supplies like scissors, paint and paintbrush. Once these are done, use some left over string to create little loops you’ll hang the ornaments by!
These make an adorable handmade ornaments for your family’s Christmas tree or if kids have their own tree in their room, even better!
You’ll enjoy these Christmas crafts too!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials for Foil Painted Ornaments:
- Wrap each wooden disk with a piece of foil.
- Place a bit of each paint onto the paper plate and prepare the paintbrush.
- Paint the foil ornaments as you wish, then let dry completely.
- Once the paint on the ornaments is dry, hot glue a piece of string to the back of the ornament (this step is for adults).
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (using the paintbrush to paint the ornaments)
- Hand-eye coordination (painting always improves and exercises this important skill!)
- Creativity (kids can choose their own paint colors, get creative with patterns and designs of the ornaments, etc.)
- Independent activity (this activity is great as an independent activity for the child to work on alone, or this can be done with a larger group of kids like in a classroom).