This Glitter Sensory Writing Pad (Holiday Theme) is a combination of sensory play and writing! Kids will explore sensories while improving their writing skills, fine motor skills and letters along with numbers.
It’s really easy to prep and doesn’t require a ton of fancy materials. Best of all, kids love this and it makes learning to write a ton of fun.
To make this writing pad holidays appropriate and a tad more festive I’ve used reds and golds for glitter. But you can use what ever you have on hand!
More writing activities you’ll love!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
MATERIALS for Glitter Sensory Writing Pad (Holiday Theme):
- Glitter (reds, golds, greens, silvers)
- Large ziploc bag
- Masking tape
- Clear craft glue
- Alphabet/number manipulatives (optional)
- Fill the bag with about a half cup of clear craft glue and add the glitter. Close bag and smush the bag to mix the glue with glitter.
- Next, lay the bag flat on a table and get all of the glittery glue to the middle. Tape the sides to the table so the bag won’t move around.
Place the alphabet or number manipulatives near the Glitter Sensory Writing Pad for reference.
What is my child learning and improving
- Sensories (feeling the jelly-like bag, watching the glitter move around, etc.)
- Fine motor skills (using the finger to write)
- Cognitive skills (copying the letters/numbers, analyzing the manipulatives, thinking)
- Writing (learning to write with finger)
- Alphabet and/or numbers (familiarizing, memorizing letters and numbers)