This Giant Road Map is something anyone can set up in a zap! You’ll need only a few basic craft supplies and a bit of drawing skills. But trust me, your little ones won’t care too much about the prettiness of the road map, they’ll be rather thrilled to play with their little toy cars on a huge road map!
I simply unrolled a long piece of easel board paper onto a large section of the floor and drew a bunch of fun pictures, like houses, trees, play-ground, etc. It’s really simple!
RELATED: Colored Road Map on Cardboard
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
MATERIALS for Giant Road Map:
- Easel board paper roll
- Permanent markers (assorted colors)
- Craft scissors
- Toy cars (Matchbox/Hot-wheels size)
- Unroll the easel board paper roll onto a large clear surface on the floor, cut and secure the corners down with tape.
- Next, using the colored permanent markers draw roads, houses, trees, bushes, school, gas station, what ever you can!
Now it’s time to play!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity and imagination (kids are pretending, creating stories and plots. They can also help you draw some fun objects on the map along with you, they’ll love it!)
- Fine motor skills (holding the small toy cars)
- Gross motor skills (kids are moving along the length of the paper roll map on knees, hands, etc.)
- Hand-eye coordination (driving the cars on the roads)