Who’s in for a cute hedgehog craft? This Fork Stamped Hedgehog Craft is precious, super easy to prep and loads of fun. After all, kids are using a FORK to make the hedgehog all needle-ish!
My kids love love love painting with unique objects, so this little hedgehog craft was right up their alley! It’s really fun creating the needles of the hedgehog by stamping the fork into paint and then all over the little guy. Kiddos can choose their own Autumn colors for the paint and create their own unique hedgehog. Oh and the pom-pom nose? Adorable 🙂
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
MATERIALS for Fork stamped Hedgehog:
- White cardstock
- Washable kids paint (Fall colors like yellow, orange and brown)
- Pom-pom (small)
- Liquid Glue or glue stick
- Paper plate
- Googly eye
- First, draw a simple hedgehog on the white cardstock using the crayons. You can color in the hedgehog or leave as an outline.
- Prepare the paint (pour a bit of each color onto a paper plate), fork, googly eye and pom-pom for the child to use.
Simply press the back side of a fork into the paint and stamp all over the hedgehog body.
When finished making the needles on the hedgehog, glue the pom-pom for the nose and googly eye.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (holding the fork, dipping into paint, stamping over the hedgehog, picking up the pom-pom and googly eye)
- Hand-eye coordination (gluing, stamping, etc.)
- Creativity (choosing which colors to use, making “their own” unique
- Independence (this simple activity can be done as some independent play/time for older kids)
Please always keep an eye on little ones while working with forks! 🙂
I could not pull up the fork hedgehog craft
so sorry! I am fixing my site :/