This Leaf Garland is simple, yet adds a perfect touch of Autumn to a home and best of all, it’s something that is made by your own little humans.
This is always so special to me. I love it when kids get creative, do their best effort and bring it to me to display 🙂 And if you’re with me, I know you’ll love this simple, easy activity too! We did this Leaf Garland together with my 3 year old. It was the perfect activity for his age (and attention span) and he loved working with the hole puncher, of course. He was so diligent with putting the string through each hole, making a pouty face. I helped him alongside and it was a nice little quiet activity. It’s simple I know, but I had to share it. But don’t be fooled, there’s a lot of different areas of development child is exercising and improving while doing something so easy and simple!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
MATERIALS for Leaf Garland:
- Gather leaves and make a hole with the hole puncher at the top of each leaf.
- Place the string through every hole and tie the ends into loops.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (using the hole punch, holding the leaves, string)
- Hand-eye coordination (this activity is great for hand-eye coordination as the kiddos have to place the string through the small holes)
- Creativity (kids can get really creative with their leaf garlands, choosing a variety of leaves, making patters, color patterns, etc.)