I’m sharing with you a super easy, inexpensive and fun 3-ingredient Puffy Paint Recipe!
Puffy paint is all the rave right now. But seriously…it is so much fun! And I love this recipe especially because of how convenient it is. With only 3 ingredients and one step process, this super fluffy, 3D paint is incredibly doable. Any one can easily get this puffy paint ready in a matter of seconds.
watch this quick tutorial
Why is puffy paint awesome?
- It’s inexpensive! Buy the cheapest shaving cream you can find, making sure it’s the foaming kind, not gel. Also by generic liquid glue as quality and name brands don’t matter for this recipe.
- It’s quick to make! 1 step process couldn’t be easier. Just mix together the shaving cream and glue together and add food coloring. Stir and done!
- I like to call it 3D paint, because it’s puffy, fluffy and doesn’t color flat like watercolors or washable kids paint. This paint makes art pop!
- Kid’s love it! Puffy Paint is exciting to say the least. Make vibrant or neon colors, pastels, add glitter or swirl in the food coloring, it’s so versatile!
RELATED: Giant Puffy Paint Coloring Page
More of our recipes
This Play-dough is super easy to make, smooth and lasts for a long time. It’s also made with natural food dyes!
Have you ever dyed rice? Check this recipe out!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials For 3-ingredient Puffy Paint:
- Shaving cream (I got the cheapest kind from Walmart)
- Liquid Glue
- Food Coloring
- Large spoon to mix
- Place equal amount of shaving cream and liquid school glue into a bowl and mix. If you’re making one color, add some food coloring right into the bowl and stir. If you want several colors, scoop the shaving cream/glue mixture into plastic cups, then add different colors of food coloring and stir.
TIP- When painting with puffy paint, have a piece of paper towel near by as it can get a little messy with little ones 🙂
RELATED: 2- Ingredient Moon Sand
Do you know how long the paint will last, if placed in sealed containers?
I want to make this for my kindergarteners doing distance learning. If I make it and put it in plastic containers, do you think it will last a few weeks?
Thanks so much! This looks like so much fun!
Hi Kathleen, I wish I could tell you for sure, unfortunately we use if only for a few days and then toss. Since it’s made with puffy shaving cream, it might “deflate” as days go by and not be as puffy, but kids will definitely enjoy it before it deflates! If you do try it, let me know if it lasted you!
Yes, it is super easy to make and inexpensive and best of all…kids love it! You have great ideas for puffy paint! 🙂