This Velcro Felt Shape Match Activity is a great activity to help toddlers learn shapes as well as colors. It’s also a wonderful activity to give when you want your little ones to stay busy for a bit!
I made this Velcro Felt Shape Match in about 10-15 minutes. So it’s totally doable but does take more than just 2 minutes, unlike a lot of my activities. Nevertheless, it’s so worth it! You’ll only need felt, scissors, hot glue and velcro + cardboard, which makes this activity very inexpensive.
My 3 year old loved this shape match so much! He had a lot of fun and stayed happy and excited the whole time. Meanwhile we talked about the shapes and colors, which helped him familiarize with and remember their names.
RELATED: Felt Shapes Sorting Activity
More shape activities you’ll enjoy!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials For Velcro Felt Shape Match:
- Using the scissors cut out two matching shapes and as many shapes as you want. The more the better! 🙂
- Next, hot glue the velcro pieces to the felt shapes.
- Lastly, glue one of the matching shapes to a piece of cardboard.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Shapes (visually seeing them, matching them, analyzing them, learning their names)
- Colors (seeing the colors, learning their names)
- Fine motor skills (securing the shapes with the velcro, picking up the shapes using pointer finger and thumb)
- Independency (this activity is great as an independent play idea where kids can focus and concentrate on something specific)
- Cognitive skills (matching activities work wonderfully at improving cognitive skills because they involve analyzing, thinking, matching, comparing, etc.)