This Paper Strip Acorn Craft is such a fun Fall craft idea! Create colors, festive acorns by alternating different colors of paper strips! It’s super quick to prep and looks great when finished!
Both of my kids loved this craft. It was unique, colorful and they enjoyed the process. My son, who has a shorter attention span, finished in about 15 minutes, but I’m glad it kept him busy and excited still! My daughter did a fantastic job, choosing colors, creating a pattern and in the end, said this was a super fun craft. I’m so glad when kids are happy and excited about the crafts I prep for them 🙂
RELATED: Acorn Art
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials For PAper strip acorn craft:
- First, draw a large acorn on the white cardstock using the pencil. Then cut out using the craft knife.
- Now on the brown cardstock draw an acorn “hat” and cut out with the scissors. Glue onto the top of the cut out acorn.
- Next, cut assorted colors of the cardstock into 8 inch strips.
Now that the craft is prepped, allow the kids to pick and choose the paper strip colors and glue onto the back side of the acorn cut out. Trim any paper strips.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (gluing, picking up the paper strips)
- Hand-eye coordination (gluing the paper strips to the desired spot)
- Focus and independency (this is a great activity to let the kids work on their own, choose their own paper strip colors, create patterns, etc.)
TIP- talk about colors, color patterns…my daughter did a rainbow pattern which looked great!
RELATED: Painting Acorns
Leave a Reply