These Shaving Cream Painted Fall Leaves are super fun to make! And yes, you’ve read it right, we’ll be using shaving cream!
My kids absolutely loved the process and simple instructions involved in this exciting craft. It was easy enough for both ages (3 and 5) to follow and they had a blast. They each got a turn at spraying the shaving cream into a tray and my sons favorite part was using a gift card to swipe away the excess shaving cream off the leaf.
I must say, it is a bit satisfying, especially seeing the gorgeous end result!
More Leaf activities and crafts you’ll totally love
- Leaf Symmetry– super fun Fall symmetry activity that improves kids drawing and cognitive abilities!
- Autumn Leaf Embossing– exciting, simple, perfect for toddlers activity.
- Leaf Stamping Activity– easy activity with simple instructions that is great for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Hold a Leaf Craft– a 3D craft perfect for little hands!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials For Shaving Cream Painted Fall Leaves:
- Shaving cream (white foam kind)
- White cardstock
- Craft scissors
- Gift cards
- Washable kids paint (orange, red, yellow, green, brown)
- Place some shaving cream into a bin with rims and dallop a bit of each paint color and gently swirl using the q-tip.
- Next, cut out large leaves out of the cardstock. I free-handed some using my “amazing” drawing skills and then cut out.
To create the leaves:
- Gently place the cardstock leaf into the shaving cream to get every corner. Take out and lay flat on the table (or plate) shaving cream side up.
- Slowly use the gift card to swipe of the extra shaving cream and let dry.
They bend slightly as they dry creating an even a more natural look for the leaves!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (I bet your kids didn’t know shaving cream can be used for crafts, mine sure didn’t and were thrilled!)
- Following instructions (this is a big one for my son, 3. The steps in this craft were easy to follow and he loved to swipe the excess shaving cream off the leaf, haha).
- Fine motor skills (grasping the leaf, dipping it into the paint, taking it out, using the gift card to swipe)
RELATED: Mess-free Leaf Painting