Do you have a pool noodle at home, maybe somewhere in the shed or the garage? Well, if you do then you’re going to love this simple activity! This Pool Noodle Stamped Apple Tree craft is an easy and fun Autumn craft that uses up, perhaps, old pool noodles.
Honestly, my kids had a pool noodle in their room closet for probably a year now. We used it for the Pool Noodle Balance Beam for what seems like forever ago and ever since it’s been cut in half, used as swords, tunnels for marbles, bridges, and a lot more. I was getting pretty tired of them laying around in different places so I thought it was time for them to go. And this activity seemed soooo appropriate for Autumn 🙂
Want more Fall Fun? Check out these activities and crafts!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials For pool noodle stamped apple tree:
- Cut the pool noodle into a 1 inch slice with the knife. THIS STEP IS FOR ADULTS of course!
- Pour a little bit of red washable kids paint onto the paper plate and spread it out (you can twirl the paper plate or use something to spread it such as a plastic knife).
- Tape a piece of the white easel board paper to the wall using scotch tape.
- Using the brown crayon draw a large tree on the easel board paper. That’s it, now it’s time for some apples!
- Stamp the pool noodle into the red paint and stamp onto the tree.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Gross motor skills (if the easel board paper is taped to the wall, kids are standing, moving around and reaching!)
- Small/fine motor skills (holding the pool noodle ring, dipping into paint and stamping onto the paper)
Grab a pool noodle and make this fun pool noodle stamped apple tree!