Are you looking for a simple activity that’s appropriate for toddlers as well as older children? This Autumn Leaf Embossing activity is super fun and the process couldn’t be simpler even for the most little ones to follow!
My son loved this. He was super impressed when the leaf appeared all of the sudden on the white cardstock, though it was underneath the cardstock…M I N D B L O W N!
It’s the perfect activity for this beautiful season when you can go outside, pick some colorful leaves and do something fun and creative with them!
you might enjoy these Autumn activities and crafts too!
- Hold a Leaf Craft– super cute, easy 3D craft for children.
- Leaf Stamping– easy to follow instructions, fun process and beautiful leaf stamps!
- Leaf Symmetry– perfect activity for preschoolers, great for cognitive skills too!
- Sponge Painted Sunflower Craft– awesome paper plate activity + paint with sponges 🙂
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials For autumn leaf embossing:
Instructions autumn leaf embossing:
- Lay a leaf under the cardstock paper and lightly use the crayon to go over the leaf in one direction. The leaf will them be magically embossed! Create a collage of leaves, make Fall greeting cards or cut out each embossed leaf for a fun matching game, imagination is yours!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Find motor skills (holding the crayon to draw over the leaf)
- Hand-eye coordination
- Creativity (picking colors for the leaves, etc.)
- Focus + concentration
TIP- Talk about the different leaves you have, what trees they come from, what color they are. The more you “converse” with your child through out activities like these the more they’ll learn and memorize!