This Acorn Art is a super easy and fun craft for toddlers and preschoolers. Perfect for this Fall season as acorns are everywhere!
The kids and I went on our daily walk around the neighborhood and the kids spotted a big Oak tree with lots and lots of acorns. They pretended it was candy and imagined they had a little candy store where one of them was a customer and the other the owner. It was so sweet watching their creativity sparking. Well, I had an idea for those amazing acorns too. So we grabbed a whole bunch and went home to craft on 🙂
This craft is super fun as the kids take a big part in creating the gorgeous designs by shaking the bin! That is the best part!
More painting activities you might like
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials FOR acorn art:
- Place a piece of white cardstock inside the bottom of a bin.
- Add small dollops of desired washable kids paint.
- Add that acorns and shake, shake, shake (kids love this part)!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Cognitive skills (following instructions and steps, process art)
- Small/fine motor skills (adding the acorns, shaking the acorns)
- Creativity (my kid was wowed by the results. He didn’t know acorns could create such a fun art piece!)