This Dot Sticker Train Match is a super quick, low prep activity that will keep toddlers busy, happy and learning!
You can set up this activity in less than 5 minutes, so it’s perfect for those times when kids need a bit of a redirection or some time to sit and calm down. It doesn’t require a long list of materials so you won’t be running to the store for supplies either 🙂
Both of my kids loved this Dot Sticker activity. Of course my preschooler did this activity real quick, but my 3 year old took his time. He loved the matching aspect (he LOVES everything matching). It kept him busy and concentrated for sure!
More dot sticker activities
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
MATERIALS for Dot Sticker train match:
- Using the colored permanent markers draw a long train, making circles for the wheels with a corresponding color to your dot stickers.
- Set the dot stickers by the drawn train.
Rules- the kids have to match the colors of the dot stickers to the colors of the train wheels.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (peeling away the dot stickers and sticking them onto the cardstock)
- Hand-eye coordination (the child has to carefully stick the dot sticker onto the outline of the train wheels)
- Colors (this is a great time to talk about the dot color stickers, learn and memorize them. You can also talk about each train color. Using colored permanent markers (colored pencils, crayons) helps the activity be colorful and attractive.
- Cognitive skills (matching the dot stickers to the colored outline of the train wheels, thinking, analyzing, comparing)