This Wooden Blocks Match is a super quick and easy-to-prep activity you can have ready in no time! With just a short list of 3 materials and a one step prep process, you’ll have a fun and exciting matching game done in about…..5 minutes or less.
This actvity is perfect for toddlers. My son (2), thought this was a bit easy, but still loved the matching idea! I can imagine a whole easel paper scroll on the floor with a hundred traced shapes, that will make him happy (and BUSY) for sure!
This activity is awesome for keeping little ones concentrated and busy. A good idea is to premake some and have on hand if you need to make a phone call, prep in the kitchen or clean the house!
MORE SHAPE ACtivities:
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
MATERIALS for wooden Blocks match:
- Choose about 20 wooden blocks, different shapes and colors (the amount depends on the size of the blocks and how many you can fit on a piece of cardstock).
- Trace the blocks using a matching colored permanent marker.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Cognitive skills (the child is thinking, analyzing each traced outline, matching, comparing)
- Fine motor skills (picking up the blocks)
- Hand-eye coordination (placing the blocks carefully over the traced outline)