This Paper Towel Color Mixing activity is super quick to prep and uses only four materials. That’s right, four!
We did this little fun experiment with my kids the other day and they had such a blast. Who knew that something so simple can be so fun! There’s nothing more exciting than using a spray bottle. At least I can say that by looking at my kids reaction when I told them we’re about to use them for something fun! They loved all the colors mixing together as the water traveled through out the paper towel. Best of all this activity kept them busy, happy, content, active and giggling 🙂
more fun activities for fine motor kids will love
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Prep the paper towel. Place small amounts/drops of paint colors onto the paper towel.
- Pour water into the spray bottle
PREP IS DONE!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (choosing which drop of paint to spray)
- Small/Fine motor skills (pressing the spray bottle works on finger strength as well as wrists)
- Colors (what combination of colors makes new colors)
TIP- We love to talk during our activities and crafts. And a great tip for this Paper Towel Color Mixing activity is to talk about the different colors they’re spraying. What colors, if combined, make new colors. What is their favorite color. Ask the toddler to try to repear the color names after you as this is so good for familiarization and memorization.