This Painting Salted Rock Gems activity is an easy to prep, fun and exciting activity you can do with your kids in no time (besides freezing the rocks overnight!).
These Salted Rock Gems make a gorgeous color mixing activity. Create beautiful color combinations by using the dropper to paint the rocks, melting away the salt! It’s super fun and time consuming. Both of which makes the kiddos and mama happy. 🙂
More dropper activities
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials for painting salted rocks gems:
- The day before doing this craft, cover the rocks in glue and rock in salt. Place on a plate and pop in the freezer to freeze overnight.
- Once frozen, prep the paint by placing a small amount of desired paint into a bowl and add a bit of water, mix.
- Arrange the paints with droppers and take out the salted rocks out of the freezer, last minute. Now you’re ready to paint the salted rock gems!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (choosing the colors, creating little gems)
- Fine motor (pinching the dropper, releasing it, holding the small end of the dropper)
- Hand-eye coordination (filling the droppers with paint, releasing the dropper over the small rocks)
- Focus and concentration
(after painting their rock gems they continued to have fun with the color mixing that kept them happy and busy!)