Summer time is busy. Going to parks, visiting places, going to the lakes and beaches, basically we’re hanging out outdoors more than indoors (besides rainy or chillier days). Sometimes there’s just no time to prepare an activity for indoor learning and that’s why I stick with simple, easy-to-set-up activities for summer time, like this Giant Dot Marker Coloring Page. Summer themed, of course!
I made a whole giant coloring page of themed doodles in about 10 minutes, tops. I’m a big doodler so I had a bit of a fun time myself! I’m not super creative and my drawing skills aren’t that great, so I used Pinterest for help! I simply searched, “summer doodles” in the Pinterest search bar and it gave me a huge variety of doodles I could use. I then copied some of them onto the easel paper using colored permanent markers and drew a few circles in each one. Super simple!
Keep reading below to see how a simple and easy activity can be so good for our ever-learning children!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials for giant dot marker coloring page:
- Easel paper
- Colored permanent markers
- Tape (if you need to secure the paper to the table)
- Dot markers
- Roll out a long piece of easel paper on a large table and secure with tape at each corner.
- Next, using the corresponding colored permanent markers (to the dot markers) draw summer themed doodles and filling them with a few circles.
PREP IS DONE!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (holding the dot markers, stamping them down)
- Creativity (picking out colors, choosing which doodle to paint)
- Cognitive skills (matching the doodle color to the color of the dot markers)
TIP- To help the child learn colors, talk to them about each dot marker color as you’re doing this coloring page together. Ask them to name it and repeat it through out the activity for better memorization!
Kids love dot markers and this activity will keep them busy and happy while you get to make that iced cup of coffee!
Leave a Reply