Do you need an easy activity to keep your little munchkins busy and happy? This Water Painting Flower Ice Cubes activity is SO EASY to prepare. All you need to do is make them a day ahead, freeze them overnight and they’re ready in the morning! This activity is great for creativity and imagination. Kids can play with these flowery ice cubes, building towers, bridges, roads, whatever they can think of. Or add water into play and have fun melting the ice away from the flower petals. I promise you this activity WILL give you time to wash the dishes and sweep the floor at once. No distractions.
RELATED: Flower Petal Ballerina Craft
More tray activities that will keep toddlers busy:
Salt Painting Tray– salt + paint and you’ve got a quiet baby!
Duplo & Beans Sensory Tray– simple and easy activity great for sensories, fine motor and creativity
Ribbon Cutting Tray– arrange a variety of ribbons and add kid-safe scissors, that’s it!
Fizzing Ice Cubes– a popular activity on our blog can speak for itself 🙂
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials for water painting flower ice cubes:
- Ice cube tray (we loved using square cubes, there’s a lot more you can do with them)
- Deep tray
- Bowl with “very” water
Rip a few flower petals and place into each ice cube section. Next fill with water and freeze. Once frozen, place the ice cubes into a deep tray. Prepare a small bowl with warm water and paintbrush.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Sensory play (touching the cold ice, soft flower petals, melted water)
- Fine motor skills (holding the paintbrush with fingers)
- Cognitive skills (learning, thinking, analyzing, understanding that warm water melts ice)
- Creativity (kids can use the ice cubes to build towers, roads, bridges, houses, whatever they can think of. Plus they stick between each other and it’s super fun to pull them apart!)
Leave a Reply