This Decorate the Rain Boots tray is another simple activity that keeps kids entertained and busy! Super quick to set up and you can literally use any decorating materials you have on hand.
Sometimes our kids just need something to do, won’t you agree? There’s days that toys don’t seem to keep them interested and they follow you from room to room as you’re doing the laundry, cooking and cleaning. For times like that, I almost always come up some sort of tray or sensory bin that wouldn’t take long for me to prep but will keep the little one busy.
Decorate the Rain Boots tray is super simple. Although it looks like there’s a lot of materials going on, truly I used what I had on hand. Old stickers, half-used pom-poms, left over ribbons and buttons. Anything you have that can be glued, cut and used to decorate the rain boots works!
Along with this effortless tray comes a ton of learning too! Keep reading to see what kids are learning and improving while doing this activity!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Tray with sections (dip tray works great!)
- Cardstock or cardboard
- Craft scissors
- All sorts of decorating notions, stickers, ribbons, buttons, etc.
Using the pencil draw a rain boot on the cardboard and cut out (make as many as you need). Then lay out all of the decorating pieces out in each section, this way the child can see all of the materials they can use to decorate their rain boot.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (kids can choose colors, patterns, design their own style of the rain boots, etc. All this improves their creativity and imagination!)
- Sensories (feeling the materials their working with)
- Fine and small motor skills (using and holding the scissors, gluing, peeling the stickers exercises the fine movement of the fingers and wrists)
- Independency (this is a great, easy activity to keep kids busy and independent…at least for some time!)
DECORATE RAIN BOOTS WITH YOUR KIDS TODAY!