This Counting Train using Post-It Notes is super quick to prep and so fun for the little ones!
I’ve created this activity for Vik, my 2.5 year old. We’re currently learning numbers and counting with him so this activity was PERFECTLY age appropriate 🙂 He loved it, choosing the right colors and counting the train carts with the colorful boxes on top. This helped him familiarize with numbers 1-5, visually see their sums as well as learn the colors.
My 4.5 year old couldn’t wait to help her little brother as he thought about the numbers and each train cart very carefully…and slowly. Eventually I allowed her to help and the train was completed!
RELATED: Pom-pom Caterpillar Counting Activity
Check out these fun counting activities for toddlers too!
- Paper Plate Marble Counting Maze (Quick Tutorial)
- Raining Hearts Counting Activity
- Easter Egg Number Hunt (Quick Tutorial)
- Number Weave
- Popsicle Stick Number Puzzles (THIS ONES SO EASY TO MAKE AND SUPER FUN!)
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Easel board white paper roll (or white poster board)
- Permanent markers
- Small Post-It Notes
Cut a large piece of the white easel board paper and tape to the wall by the corners. Next, using your best drawing abilities, draw a colorful train with the permanent markers, matching the colors to the Post-It notes (matching the colors is optional). Lastly, write in the numerals, we did 1-5 and the corresponding number of “boxes” on top of the train carts (where Post-It notes will go).
WATCH THIS FUN TODDLER AT PLAY ACTIVITY!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Counting (familiarizing with numbers, counting, visually seeing their sum)
- Fine motor skills (peeling away the Post-It notes and sticking to the wall)
- Gross motor skills (standing, walking, jumping from excitement!)
- Concentration and focus
MAKE THIS SUPER FUN COUNTING ACTIVITY WITH YOUR KIDS TODAY!
Leave a Reply