Easter is coming up so soon and I’ve got this Easter Egg Dot Painting craft to set the mood! Kids will love this and you will too because it’s super quick to set up and doesn’t require a whole list of art supplies.
For this Easter Egg Dot Painting craft we’re using Dot Paint Markers, colorful mess-free markers that you “dot” onto paper. We love these and use them very often!
RELATED: Secret Easter Egg Art
WATCH THIS FUN TODDLER AT PLAY VIDEO:
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
With a black permanent marker draw a large egg on the white cardstock (I free-hand drew, it doesn’t have to be perfect!). Next, using matching colors to the dot paint, draw all sorts of designs and patterns inside the egg.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Hand-eye coordination (dot painting along the lines in zig-zags, waves, loops, etc.)
- Colors (matching up the colors of the patterns to the dot paint markers. TIP- Name the colors as they draw to familiarize and memorize the colors they’re using)
- Cognitive skills (kids are analyzing patterns, matching up the colors, comparing them…they’re thinking!)
- Fine motor skills (holding the dot paint markers and pressing them down to paint)
- Creativity and imagination
- Independency and focus
Will you make this Easter Egg Dot Painting?