Q-tip Number Tracing activity is an excellent idea for toddlers and preschoolers! Tracing is fun, just ask the kids!
It’s super easy to prep it and keeps the kids busy and learning at the same time! All you need is a piece of paper, permanent colored markers, q-tips and washable kids paint. Less than 5 minutes of set up and you’ve got an excellent activity that improves pre-writing skills, helps kids familiarize with numbers and colors too!
RELATED: Q-tip Letter Tracing Activity
Watch this quick tutorial
Activities you might also enjoy
Try this Paper Roll Alphabet Match!
Learn numbers with this Bee Counting Activity!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Washable Paint
- Card stock (or cardboard)
- Colored Permanent markers or colored pencils
- Paper plate
- On a piece of card stock write numbers 1 to 6 or 10 using different colored permanent markers (or colored pencils/crayons).
- Using a pencil, draw arrows that will guide the child when tracing.
- Add a bit of each paint color (matching colors as the numbers) onto a paper plate and stick a q-tip into each one (OR do as I did and use the cap from each paint bottle!).
Rules are simple! The toddler or preschooler has to trace the numbers with the q-tip and match the paint color to the number color! That’s it!
What is my child learning?
-Colors (matching up the paint color to the number color)
-Hand-eye coordination (tracing the numbers on the lines)
-Fine/small motor skills (holding the q-tip to trace)
This simple activity is amazing! My kids loved it, I loved it, we all loved it! Best of all, when kids do an activity such as this, it’s hands on learning. They improve so many important skills and learn new ones. Tracing requires hand-eye coordination, focus and the use of fine/small motor skills. With this activity preschoolers (and even toddlers) can learn the colors and numbers in a fun way too!
Leave a Reply